Award for Innovations in Fellowship Education
Abstract Deadline: December 15, 2012
To Apply, Click here
The American Thoracic Society (ATS) understands the importance of a fellowship training program that is designed to ensure academic and clinical success and lifelong learning in the fields of pulmonary, allergy, critical care and sleep medicine. The ATS is calling for all adult and pediatric fellowship training programs to submit an abstract showcasing one innovative and novel best education practice that is done within their program. All submitted abstracts will be published in the Innovations in Fellowship Education Training booklet and shared for the benefit of all programs.
Up to five abstracts representing the most innovative educational programs or concepts will be selected from those submissions. Recipients will be:
- Presented with an award at the ATS International Conference in Philadelphia
- Recognized in the ATS International Conference Final Program, ATS News, ATS Stat and with signage throughout the ATS International Conference
- Given an opportunity to have a summary of their educational program printed in Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society
Who Can Apply
- All U.S. (adult and pediatric) pulmonary, allergy, critical care and sleep fellowship training programs are eligible.
- Abstracts may be submitted by training program directors, associate training program directors, or fellow trainees.
- Past award winners may apply, however a different educational program or curriculum must be submitted.
- If you are a fellow submitting an abstract on behalf of your program, please have your fellowship program director send a brief email of acknowledgement to Lauren Lynch @ email@example.com.
- To apply please complete a brief online application and upload an abstract
- Abstracts will be evaluated on the basis of various aspects of the program (e.g. innovation, educational strategy, implantation, and outcomes of the training method that has been implemented – data is not required, but a description of how the training method will be evaluated is strongly recommended).
- Electronic notification will be sent upon confirmation of abstract submission.
- Questions? Please contact Lauren Lynch, Director of Education Products and Programs, ATS, 212-315-8698 or firstname.lastname@example.org