Resources for Training Program Directors
The ATS is committed to providing the best information to our Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Fellowship Program Directors as it is they who will be educating the next generation of physicians and scientists in the field. To support this very important cause, the ATS Training Committee has put together the ATS Resources for Training Directors web site.
Some of the content available on this site includes links to the ATS Training Program Directory, the Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors (APCCMPD) web site, the Match program and useful information related to Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). This web site also contains ATS career development resources tailored for pulmonary, critical care and sleep fellows as well as the latest information on “Fellow Events” at the ATS International Conference.
Questions or comments - send an email to email@example.com or call Lauren Lynch at 212-315-8698. Or better yet, if you are a Program Director and have ideas on how the Society can better serve you, let you voice be heard!
Resources for Program Directors
- ATS Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Program Directory
- The Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors (APCCMPD)
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Program Directors Virtual Handbook
- National Residency Match Program
Resources for Your Fellows
- ATS Career Development Web site
- ATS Reading and Check List
- Fellows Events at the ATS International Conference
- 2013 Trainee Scholarship Opportunities
- ATS Grant Resource Guide
- Fellowship Training in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Fellowship Training in Pediatric Pulmonologist
- Fellowship Training in Sleep Medicine
- ATS Consider This! A Career in Pulmonary, Critical Care or Sleep Medicine
2013 ATS Innovations in Fellowship Education Program
The 2013 ATS Innovations in Fellowship Education Program called for all pulmonary, critical care, sleep and allergy programs to submit one innovative and novel best education practice done within their program to the ATS in an effort to 1) honor the top outstanding abstracts that exemplify an environment of educational excellence and 2) share these best practice methods among other fellowship programs.
The Innovations in Fellowship Education Program was developed by the ATS Training Committee who reviewed all abstracts and selected four abstracts that they felt were exceptional. The ATS applauds the following four fellowship programs for being selected as the top programs:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Emory University
- Harvard Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
To download a PDF copy of the 2013 ATS Innovations in Fellowship Education booklet, which showcases best practice abstracts from 14 programs, please click here.
To learn more about this program, please click here.
ATS Membership for Program Directors
- ATS Members receive many benefits of membership, including discounts to attend the ATS International Conference and access to the online ATS journals. Learn more about the many benefits of ATS membership.
2012 ATS Update: For Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Program Directors
The ATS Training Committee is excited to announce the availability of the new e-bulletin: ATS Update for Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Fellowship Training Directors. This new publication, which will be emailed twice a year, is for pulmonary, critical care and sleep fellowship program directors and contains information and relevant news about the ATS. The ATS Update was developed in an effort to centralize some of the information sent to program directors, and while this e-bulletin will not supplement regular ATS email, it will hopefully reduce the amount of emails the Society sends to program directors. Some of the content highlighted in the winter edition includes information about the 2012 Fellows Track Symposium program, the trainee travel awards for the 2012 ATS International Conference, as well as articles about promotion and tenure.
Questions? Please send an email to Lauren Lynch, Associate Director of Educational Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.