The American Thoracic Society (ATS) is calling for all adult and pediatric fellowship training programs to submit abstracts showcasing innovative best education practices done within their pulmonary, critical care, sleep or allergy training program, for consideration for the 2017 ATS Innovations in Fellowship Education (IFE) Program.
The ATS understands and values the importance of a fellowship training program that is designed to ensure academic and clinical success and lifelong learning.
Up to five abstracts representing the most innovative educational programs or concepts will be selected from those submissions. Recipients will be:
- Recognized in ATS News, ATS Stat, and with signage throughout the 2017 ATS International Conference in Washington DC.
- Presented with a plaque at the Section on Medical Education meeting.
- The top Innovations submitter will be invited to speak and share their educational innovation at the APCCMPD-ATS-PEPTDA Forum
- All abstract submissions will be published in the Innovations in Fellowship Education booklet and shared to the 15,000 members of the ATS for the benefit of all programs.
Who Can Apply?
- All pulmonary, allergy, critical care, and sleep fellowship training programs are eligible
- Abstracts may be submitted by training program directors, associate training program directors, fellow trainees or medical educators.
- If you are not a program director submitting an abstract on behalf of your program, please have your fellowship program director send a brief email of acknowledgement to Lauren Lynch @ email@example.com
- This year we are also encouraging submissions of updates on prior IFE programs, highlighting durable programs and new data on educational success.
- Abstract authors are encouraging authors to publish their educational curricula through MedEd Portal, and links will be included with their abstract on the ATS website.
How to Submit an Abstract?
- The deadline to submit a new or updated Innovations in Fellowship Education abstract is Wednesday, November 2, 2016.
- Learn more and submit an abstract to the Innovations program here
- The ATS Training Committee also encourages you to submit your abstracts to the general ATS 2017 Call for Abstracts for consideration. Innovations abstract authors are encouraged to submit via the ATS Assembly on Behavior Science and Health Sciences Research (BSHSR) under the Professional, Education and Training sub classification. If selected, the BSHSR Assembly in collaboration with the Section on Medical Education, will program the Innovations abstracts in a session based on the best fit.
- Please note: the Innovations in Fellowship Education and ATS 2017 Call for Abstracts programs have separate review processes, timelines and abstract submission websites.
- For more information, contact Lauren Lynch, director of ATS Education Products and Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the 2016 Innovations in Fellowship Education booklet, please click here.
To download the 2015 Innovations in Fellowship Education booklet, please click here.
To download the 2014 Innovations in Fellowship Education booklet, please click here.
To download the 2013 Innovations in Fellowship Education booklet, please click here.
To download the 2012 Innovations in Fellowship Education booklet, please click here.