ATS Documents: Statements, Guidelines & Reports
Official ATS Documents include clinical practice guidelines, policy statements, research statements, technology standards, workshop reports, and systematic reviews, many of which are developed collaboratively with other professional societies.
- Clinical practice guidelines make recommendations for patient care. The recommendations are based upon a systematic review or pragmatic evidence, and then formulated and graded using the GRADE approach.
- Statements present the views of the ATS on issues related to public policy or research policy.
- Technology standards describe how to perform a test or procedure and describe the underlying evidence.
- Workshop reports describe conferences and workshops sponsored by the ATS.
- Systematic reviews answer a clinical question using systematic methods to search the literature, select relevant studies, and appraise the evidence.
Official ATS Documents are categorized by topic and available via the following links:
ALLERGY & ASTHMA
ENVIRONMENTAL & OCCUPATIONAL LUNG DISEASE
HEALTH CARE POLICY, ETHICS, & END-OF-LIFE CARE
INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE
LUNG CANCER & ONCOLOGIC DISORDERS
LUNG TRANSPLANTATION & SURGERY
PEDIATRIC LUNG DISEASES & DEVELOPMENTAL DISORDERS
TUBERCULOSIS, PNEUMONIA, & OTHER PULMONARY INFECTIONS
PULMONARY VASCULAR DISEASE
PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTING
RESEARCH & GUIDELINE METHODOLOGY
Most Official ATS Documents are printed in either the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine or the Annals of the American Thoracic Society and are available on those websites in PDF format. There is no charge to download one copy of any document.
If you need multiple (up to 100) copies of an ATS document, you may download one free copy from this website and then contact the Copyright Clearance Center at 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923, Tel. 978/ 750-8400, Fax 978/ 750-4744, www.copyright.com to obtain permission to reproduce the document.
For bulk orders (100 or more copies) of an ATS document, you should contact the Publisher at email@example.com or Tel. 212/315-6440.
For any questions, please contact Judy Corn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 212/ 315-8694.