ATS offers a limited number of abstract scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to individuals based on the quality of abstracts submitted as reviewed by the Assembly Program Committees. The number of scholarships given varies from year to year, based on the amount of funds secured.
Decisions about scholarships are usually made by the end of March prior to the Conference. Abstract authors whose abstracts are selected to receive a scholarship will be notified in April via email.
To qualify for a scholarship you must meet the criteria listed below:
- The applicant must be a Trainee Member. Eligible applicants are trainees who are students, residents, fellows (holders of MD or PhD degrees) or equivalent
- The applicant must have submitted a meritorious abstract to be presented at the ATS International Conference (as reviewed and programmed by your Assembly Program Committee)
- The applicant must be registered for and attend the ATS International Conference
- Applicant must have checked the appropriate box in the questionnaire section of the abstract online submission program, indicating their wish to be considered for a abstract scholarship
- The applicant must be an ATS member at the time of receiving the abstract scholarship (Please note that you may still be considered if you are currently not an ATS member. You will be required to join ATS before receiving the abstract scholarship. ATS membership is free if you are in a training program and are applying for the ATS membership for the first time. If this is not the case, Domestic Trainee membership is $100 and International Trainee membership is $40.)
- The applicant cannot receive any other scholarship within the ATS
Before checking the appropriate box in the questionnaire section of the abstract online submission program, please ensure that you meet the criteria above.
Once the appropriate box in the questionnaire section of the abstract online submission program is selected, the Assembly Program Committee members will be aware that you are interested in being considered for a scholarship should one be available.
Late breaking abstracts will not be considered.
If you have questions about the ATS abstract scholarship program or the criteria listed above please contact Miriam Rodriguez at email@example.com or by telephone at 212-315-8639.