Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology (SRN)
September 10, 2014 at 12:00PM EDT
Vsevolod (Seva) Polotsky MD, PhD
Welcome to the website of the Assembly on Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology (SRN). Our Assembly focuses on clinical and research questions associated with sleep, sleep apnea and hypoventilation, respiratory sensation and the control of breathing, intermittent hypoxia and cardiopulmonary and metabolic interactions during sleep. We aim to translate this knowledge into prevention of disease, and improved diagnosis, treatment and patient outcomes.
SRN has a diversity of members from both adult and pediatric spheres, including individuals with a primary clinical focus, researchers and educators. We also have a large and active international membership, that provide unique research and clinical perspectives from around the globe.
The ATS leadership is committed to sleep and actively supports our activities to make sleep one of the three pillars of the society.
Overview of the Assembly
As an ATS member you can choose the Sleep Assembly as your primary assembly, or as a secondary assembly.
The SRN Assembly has five standing committees: click here to learn more about the structure of the assembly.
Several important activities of our assembly include:
- Monthly Sleep Fragments feature on our website where you can check your sleep study acumen on a monthly basis.
- A Journal club scheduled monthly where high impact and important publications in the field of sleep medicine are presented and discussed by the authors and leaders in the field.
- We actively welcome the involvement of our trainees, new fellows and young investigators who are the future of our research and clinical sleep community. We encourage all young investigators to apply for:
- the James B. Skatrud New Investigator Award, awarded each year to the new investigator whose career accomplishments to date show future promise of continued excellence in advancing the field and
- the number of travel awards offered each year to the International Conference.
Interested in joining the SRN A
Click here and update your member record today
Do you have any Comments, Ideas, Suggestions or Questions for the SRN?
Please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you at our Assembly Meeting.