- June Sleep Fragment: A patient with daytime fatigue and an abnormal polysomnogramn
- Spring 2015 Assembly Newsletter
- Patient Video: Watch an interview of a patient with obstructive sleep apnea.
- New Patient Fact Sheet: Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) 2015
- Best of ATS Store: Sleep Track Package
- Sleep Fragments must be submitted through AnnalsATS
Susheel P. Patil, MD, PhD
Welcome to the website of the Assembly on Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology (SRN). Our Assembly focuses on clinical and research questions associated with sleep, sleep apnea and hypoventilation, respiratory sensation and the control of breathing, intermittent hypoxia and cardiopulmonary and metabolic interactions during sleep. We aim to translate this knowledge into prevention of disease, and improved diagnosis, treatment and patient outcomes.
SRN has a diversity of members from both adult and pediatric spheres, including individuals with a primary clinical focus, researchers and educators. We also have a large and active international membership, that provide unique research and clinical perspectives from around the globe.
The ATS leadership is committed to sleep and actively supports our activities to make sleep one of the three pillars of the society.
Overview of the Assembly
The SRN Assembly has five standing committees: click here to learn more about the structure of the assembly.
Several important activities of our assembly include:
- Monthly Sleep Fragments feature on our website where you can check your sleep study acumen on a monthly basis.
- A Journal club scheduled monthly where high impact and important publications in the field of sleep medicine are presented and discussed by the authors and leaders in the field.
- We actively welcome the involvement of our trainees, new fellows and young investigators who are the future of our research and clinical sleep community. We encourage all young investigators to apply for:
- the James B. Skatrud New Investigator Award, awarded each year to the new investigator whose career accomplishments to date show future promise of continued excellence in advancing the field and
- the number of travel awards offered each year to the International Conference.
Interested in joining the SRN Assembly?
Click here and update your member record today
Do you have any Comments, Ideas, Suggestions or Questions for the SRN?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you at our Assembly Meeting.