Voting for Section Leaders is now open online at the ATS website Please click here to vote! Members of the Society's Sections can vote for future Section leaders online, instead of in person at the Section membership meetings during the ATS International Conference. All Section members will have the opportunity to vote even if they are unable to attend their membership meeting.
Deadline: Thursday, May 11, 2017
What are ATS Sections?
The American Thoracic Society has three sections they are:
- Section on Medical Education - Housed under BSHSR
- Section on Genetics and Genomics - Housed under AII
- Section on Terrorism and Inhalation Disasters - Housed under EOPH
Membership in a section is by choice and you can belong to all three if you choose. The ATS sections are housed under a home Assembly. Sections focus on a specific area within an Assembly.
Requirements - ATS Membership Number and Section Affiliation:
Voting is a privilege accorded to members of the ATS; therefore you must be a member of the ATS in order to vote. Additionally, every member of the ATS is allowed membership in any or all three ATS Sections. Each member will have the option of casting votes in the elections being held by their Section. ATS members can vote in all three section elections as long as you are a member of those sections.
To verify your section affiliations, or sign up as a member of a section please go to the ATS website under the members tab and select "Update Your Profile" Please note that updates are not immediate and the system may take up to 1 hour to complete the profile update.
How will it work?
Click on the link below when you are ready to vote. You will be prompted to log in, at which time your membership number will be validated and you will gain access to the ballot for your section membership(s) (up to three). You will then be able to view position descriptions, candidate pictures and biosketches for each of the available leadership positions.
When will the results be announced?
The results will be announced at the section membership meetings, which will be held on the following days and times:
- Section on Genetics and Genomics – Sunday May 21st from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel - Meeting Room 4 (Meeting Room Level)
- Section on Medical Education – Tuesday, May 23rd from 4:30 to 6:30 PM at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel - Congressional Hall B (Ballroom Level)
- Section on Terrorism and Inhalation Disasters – Tuesday, May 23rd from 4:30 to 6:30 PM at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel - Renaissance Ballroom A (Ballroom Level)
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Vladimir Crevecoeur
Assembly Unit Assistant Manager at: email@example.com