Investments in research funding are essential to improving patient care, now and in the future. Today’s investments in basic, clinical, and translational research will enable researchers to expand the knowledge base on the detection, prevention, treatment and cure of critical care illness, respiratory disease, and sleep disordered breathing. The ATS is committed to working with Congress, the Administration, as well as other policy makers to maximize the public investment in biomedical research at the National Institutes of Health, Agency for Health Research and Quality, and Veterans Affairs.
- ATS Comments and Testimony
- Research News Quarterly
- Case for NIH Funding
- Patient’s Primer: Research Funding
- ATS Foundation Research Program
- ATS in Action: Research Funding
- ATS NHLBI's Crowd-Sourced Strategic Visioning Plan and Its Importance to Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep